Monday, January 17, 2011

"You framed the imagery. Own it."

The media and progressives finally went too far. I'm a nice blogger. My little rants are polite, factual and reasonable. I don't call names and try not to embarrass or upset the people I love, including those dear to me who are progressive in their politics. I blog as a way of recovering and developing my own voice after years of writing as a corporate spokesperson, as a way of sharing things I think are important to my grandchildren, and mostly because I like to write.

I've been blogging about these persistent irrational calls for "civil discourse" for months, and my posts fell into the great unread ocean of opinion (except for, of all things, a marketing agency coordinating the campaign!). But now the media, the progressives in both parties, and the Democrat-controlled government have shown their hand, and the whole world sees their manipulation for what it is.

And now, thankfully, some other people have said it better than I ever could, in the wake of these progressive abusers' attempts to co-opt the death of decent Americans as an opportunity to further their own outrageous agendas.

Don Surber in The Daily Mail (Linked by Doug Ross ) article "I do not want civil discourse" writes:

"I have been screamed at for 10 years.

"It’s my turn now. I am not going to scream back. But I refuse to allow anyone to dictate what I say or how I say it. I refuse to allow the same foul-mouthed, foul-spirited foul people who dumped on me to now try to tell me what I may or may not say.

"My free speech matters more than the feelings of anyone on the left. You don’t like what I say?
Tough.

"I will not allow people to label my words Hate Speech or try to lecture me on civility. I saw the lefty signs. The left’s definition of civil discourse is surreal.” Read it all...


And back in November, Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit gave a link to "Stop Shouting"'s "My Rebuttal to a Progressive who Admonished Me to Play Nice ...." who said she spoke only for herself, but whose words gave voice to us all. I have borrowed her words for the title of this post:

"I am tired of being told what I can and can not say.

"What is “acceptable”, while my ideas and values are mocked and trampled.

"Enough. I have had enough.

...

"Oh yes, your side “went there”. Not only was there no outcry about the “violent imagery”, there were claps and cheers of agreement.

"You framed the imagery. Own it."

The sanest man in America. P.J. O'Rourke, sees behind the curtain: "in the tremors and hysteria of the Times we’re seeing the sad end of liberalism."

The truth will out, always. And that is good news for the continued liberty of the American People.

````

Here are my own posts on the irrational "Civility" marketing campaign, and its blatant puurpose as a way of destroying conservative and legitimate free speech:

Friday, June 4, 2010
About That "Civility" Business
"The bores of Civility would so appreciate it if we would just wait in the hall until they call for us and mind our tone and trust them to make the best decisions for us. ..."

Sunday, July 25, 2010
The Progressive Habit of Firing People For Rumors About Their Opinions
"I don't know what this new system of facade management is called but American it is not...."

Tuesday, August 10, 2010
The Civility Mirror Crack'd
"How pitiful that Mr Leach was unable to speak of understanding others until after erecting a full set of barriers that exclude the vast majority of the world's population who still find value in contests of strength, in competition in business, in the capacity to achieve an effective deterrence and a successful defense - all engaging the "violence and aggression" that Mr Leach arbitrarily and specifically declares "of course unacceptable" as though there has been some recently attained great consensus of 8 billion people to simultaneously deny their natural, normal, healthy and essential humanity in favor of this year's emergent etiquette fiction."

Sunday, August 15, 2010
def·i·ni·tion: a statement of the meaning of a word
"We see this misappropriation of standard English words in many of the calls for "civility" - which itself has been co-opted to describe a peculiar system of "anger management" intervention rather than the full historical breadth of meaning - as these calls claim new objections to specific traditional words they want deleted from opponents' lexicon, yet do not establish a process that allows dissenters to impose similar restrictions on their own vocabulary. "

Sunday, January 16, 2011
Dr Martin Luther King Jr's Answer to Calls for Civility
"We must come to see that, as the federal courts have consistently affirmed, it is wrong to urge an individual to cease his efforts to gain his basic constitutional rights because the quest may precipitate violence. Society must protect the robbed and punish the robber."
Quote from Dr Martin Luther King Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails