Sunday, January 29, 2012

"You will never be forgotten"

To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial, 
And a name better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off
.”
Isaiah 56:5 (American Standard Version)

On The Christian Woman blog, Gwenn McKone has written a beautiful meditation on the verse above, titled "Restoring what others have taken":

"To me, this is one of the tenderest passages in all of scripture. God is saying, “I know what has happened to you and my heart grieves for you. Your life is your work because it is all you have, but if you will do what pleases me, and keep my sabbath, I will give you something better that no one can ever take away from you.”


Her article is a blessing - click here to read it all.

In this Old Testament passage, Isaiah 56:1-8 (Good News Version), God also reminds of His promise to Israel to bring others to join them in their redemption: that His mercy is open to all who follow him, that His people will come from all nations. He lovingly foretells the salvation that Jesus will bring to the world.

Our Father God can, and will, heal us of all things, and will make us - and our circumstances - even better, more perfect, than we would have been, and that perfection will be everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails